Monday, January 21, 2013

Jam Cruise 11

Two weeks ago, Ryan and I set sail from Fort Lauderdale on Jam Cruise 11.  Magic Hat was sponsoring the cruise so Ryan, his co-worker, and the head brewer all had rooms on the ship.  There were various events sponsored each day.  The cool thing about the cruise is that it's really all about music.  Jam Cruise is a 5 night cruise around the Caribbean with concerts all day, every day.  All of the bands on the cruise are eating, drinking, and listening to music right next to you.  I can't say that I came off the boat a big fan of cruising, but it is easy to do, just get to a port and leave from the same port a couple days later.  

The bands were fun, especially since it's been awhile since I've listened to live music.  The crowd was so enthusiastic and happy that it was so refreshing.  Even though I'm not a big fan of getting seated with other tables of people that I don't know, we had two great tables of fun people.  The food was not great.  I could do the buffet for lunch, but we ended up going to the sushi place on board three of the nights.  5 nights, plus the night before in Fort Lauderdale was a little too long to be gone from Maeve.  She spent first 4 nights with Nana & Papa Daley and then Michelle wrapped up the week.  I heard good reports all around, but doubt they would have told me differently. 

I've got a couple pics from the cruise, but just google Jam Cruise 11 and you'll see more than enough evidence for the craziness that ensued.  

Ryan and Justin, Magic Hat Head Brewer, pouring some draft for the masses.

Standing up on the balcony watching a concert, the sunset, and enjoying a Pistil... yum!

This was JJ Gray's set on the patio.
 
Bands at sea!

So we got up to watch the sunrise one day and this is what greeted up when we came up... about 25 people (plus the 200+ behind me) that had the same idea, but they had been up all night while Ryan and I were coming off 6-7 hours of sleep.

Overall, fun time and nice to get away with just Ryan, plus I got to wear flip flops for 6 days straight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment