Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lots of pictures...

So alot has happened in the last 2 weeks and I figure I'll let the pictures tell most of the story...

Here are a couple adorable pictures that were on my camera from St. Patrick's Day.  I can't resist - this little girl just melts my heart with that smile!

Don't mind Ryan's incrediably flat hair.  This was taken first thing in the morning while his hair is still wet from shower and pre-volume. 



Maeve and I don't get many pictures together mainly because I'm usually the photographer, but here was a pre-walk picture. 
So besides the usual busy-ness from work, Maeve and I took alittle trip down to Florida for a couple days, while Ryan was in Vegas with the guys.  The weather was Amazing and it's always wonderful to see my family.  Maeve was a trooper on the flights and she probably couldn't have been better. 

All set and ready for the sun!

So my little bathing beauty completely rocked her bathing suit and hat. Both were from BabyGap.  I bought the hat in Fall on clearance and the suit was a present from Aunt Kerry. 



 Oh yeah, outfit isn't complete without the shades!

Needless to say, Maeve really wasn't out in the sun very much, but for the time she was she really enjoyed the pool and was so curious about the new texture of sand.  For those of you not familiar, Siesta Key sand may just be the softest in the world.  She just kept touching and holding in her hand.
We spent alot of time at the pool.  Here is my mom doing her exercises.  She literally treaded water for about 45 minutes without getting winded, as she continued to carry on conversations with Erin, Al and I no problem.  Erin's to the left and she could only do 10 minutes.  Al and I didn't even make an attempt... we suck!

Here is a little tent I bought thinking Maeve might chill at the beach in it, but it ended up working best for Miss Sawyer.  Here she is taking alittle break from the pool and sun just relaxing on some towels with Erin's iPhone.  The girl is a whiz with Apple products... she was pretty much showing me how to download YouTube videos and finding songs for Maeve for me. 
If you read Erin's blog, she attempted a photo session one morning with her girls.  I dressed Maeve up as well, but sadly no pictures of the girls together. 
Here she is rocking a cute dress from her cousins (think this might have been Ellie's) and her new South Carolina hat from Nana. 

 Sawyer exploring the beach and Gulf
This picture was about 10 minutes later when Sawyer had a minor meltdown.  She's absolutely sobbing here sitting off on her own in the middle of the beach.  She very well could be an actress some day!

 Ahh... the soft touch of Siesta Key beach


The best part of the trip was hands down the time with the family.  Here is Sawyer in the morning.  I'm amazed (and mildly jealous) of her hair volume and long eyelashes.  For a girl that took forever to get hair, she now has alot and it's wild!
 This was much of the response that I got from Miss Isla throughout the entire trip.  She was just alittle hesitant around us all and alittle bit of a Mommy's girl.  We know now it's because she was teething as her bottom teeth are finally coming in... hooray!  She's just the most petite little thing, but with plenty of spunk. 




The Kings have arrived!  Julie, Bill, and the girls drove in Friday night so it was wonderful to see the girls together and playing!


 Lauren getting buried in the sand.  She was the only one to volunteer, which doesn't surprise me in the least!
 The crew assisting in the burial...
Saturday evening we headed over to Mary & Duffy's for alittle birthday celebration for Colleen and Kelly Sugg.  So fun and another opportunity to spend some time with Grandpa Griffin!  Here are some pre-party shots as we tried to get some pictures of Sawyer, Isla, and Maeve.

 This picture cracks me up as Sawyer is so affectionate to Maeve and Isla's just doing her own thing.  Plus Sawyer & Maeve appear to share similar skin tone and chubby cheeks, while Isla's so petite and fair.   

Also on our trip, Maeve's 2nd tooth popped through.  You can just see them at the bottom of her mouth, next to all of the drool running down her face. 



Miss Alexa just being her adorable self
 My dad probably getting his only moment of silence while we were all visiting.  Both my mom and dad were so helpful and would watch Maeve so I could get a bit of sun myself.  The one afternoon my dad was in the condo by himself when Maeve woke up.  The story I heard was they were just playing on the floor and Maeve went to the bathroom (#2!!) and Dad had to change his first dirty diaper in about 28 years!!  He made sure to tell me how disgusting it was... yes Dad, I know, however I was impressed and embarrassed all at the same time. 
 Such a big girl out to dinner
 This picture just makes me smile.  We went down to the beach one night to watch the sunset after dinner.  Sawyer got her skirt wet from running into the Gult and wanted it off. She is just running around, carefree as can be, in her underwear!  Side note, she did tell me the next day that we couldn't go swimming in the gulf because the sun went in the water and it's too hot.  So perceptive she is.  We reassured her that the water wasn't hot and she was in it again.
 What a ham! 
 We arrived home on Monday and were back at work and school on Tuesday.  Wednesday I got a call from school that Maeve fell over and face planted right on a rattle.  It's alittle blurry in this pic, but she's got a shiner on her right cheekbone.  She's been fine, so it really is one of those "looks worse than it feels."  It wasn't even tender to the touch so we've survived her first battle wound.  She's not crawling yet, but she has been getting alot more adventurous reaching for toys and stretching out so more to come I'm sure. 

Maeve turned 7 months old during our trip to Florida.  Our little girl continues to grow and develop.  She's still loving eating and continues to eat everything we give her.  She's sleeping great, around 7:30pm - 6:30am, which is amazing on its own.  She must know how much her parents need their sleep.  She really has only rolled over a couple times and is spending much more time on her belly.  She's sitting up great and would prefer if we let her stand, while holding her up.  She is starting to hold her bottle, more playing than feeding (squirting formula all over the place), but it's a start. 

So lots of pictures to share.  Ryan had a great time in Vegas as well, but no pictures to share of that! What happens in Vegas...  April is another busy month with work, travel, and house projects but I'll try to stay on top of camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment