Monday, March 19, 2012

The Luck of the Irish

So I'm feeling very blessed this St. Patrick's Day.  The weather has been amazing and we had a wonderful weekend together with lots of family time.  We got to spend some time with Nana and Papa Daley who were in town for a visit and Maeve had a sleepover with Aunt Alicia and Uncle Jon on St. Patty's Day, while we had a wedding. The rest of the weekend involved open windows and lots of walks outside.  Ryan and I had plenty of flashbacks to celebrating at the parade and how much has changed... all for the better of course!


Here is Maeve rocking her new headband before school.  Ryan was doing drop-off that day so I wasn't sure he'd keep her in it, but Miss Amanda (one of Maeve's teachers) informed me at the end of the day that she had it on almost all day. 


So I bought a couple cute onesies in anticipation of the visit this week with Nana and Maeve's and my trip down to Florida to see Grandma & Grandpa.  This is what she greeted me with...haha!  I'm pretty sure she was just hungry and didn't want to wait while I snapped some pics.

Maeve got an amazing package this week from my girlfriend Niki with a glow seahorse and some adorable outfits.  Here she is playing with the seahorse, which is just like the glow worm that I had as a kid.  Maeve thought it was so funny when the belly lit up.  I just love her face here!

At my baby shower, Maeve got an amazing wool sweater from my cousin Mary Beth.  Fortunately, it was too big so I'll save it for next year because the weather has just been too warm to wear anything heavy like wool.  So I sent her to school on Friday in her Irish garb.  She's gotten little bits of her outfit from lots of our Irish family: the bib & wool hat below from Mary Beth, the Buffalo Irish onesie from my girlfriend Molly, and the hysterical headband from Nana's cousin Mary.  Our beautiful little Irish lass!  I bought the pants, but this was the last weekend of wear.  She was sporting a mini muffin top.

We bundled up alittle for our morning walk to Tim Hortons for coffee.  She pretty much just chilled in the stroller watching the cars go through the drive-through while we enjoyed our coffee.  I wonder how much longer we have before she wants to get out and run all over the place...


Saturday we had Greg & Sue's wedding, which was alot of fun and a great way to spend St. Patrick's Day.  Quality time with the Daleys and a fun night out in general for Ryan and I.  It's funny how exhausted we are after an evening out.  Al and Jon were awesome to take Maeve overnight so we can get alittle more sleep.  Of course I was up early, but I'm a creature of habit.  Ryan was able to sleep in so at least one of us took advantage of a child-less morning.    We've got a busy upcoming week with a girls trip to Florida to see Mom and Dad and Ryan heading to Vegas for a bachelor party with the guys.  Just need to survive one more day of work...

Here is a picture that Al took from their walk at Chestnut Ridge after Maeve's nap.  Such a diva. 

No comments:

Post a Comment