Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quiet Weekend

Ryan's been out of town in Burlington since Thursday so Maeve and I have had an extremely quiet weekend.  Laundry, baths, and lots of playtime on the floor.  We stopped over at my friend Tara's house for alittle playdate.  Her youngest, Davis, is about 6 weeks younger than Maeve.  They don't play yet, but two adorable babies is better than one adorable baby! Her older boys are so much fun and always have something interesting to tell you.  I don't wish Maeve to grow up any faster, but I can't wait until I can understand all of the talking she is doing now. 

I tested out a new "toy" this weekend... the laundry basket and she LOVES it.  It's the perfect size to give her alittle space, but also helps hold her up.  As you can tell from the pic, Maeve was battling alittle bit of a wee-eye on Friday/Saturday.  Her right eye was all goopy with mucus.  She did wake up today looking/feeling much better. 

As part of weekend errand routines, we were out and about yesterday.  Old Navy, Babies R Us, Walmart, and Wegmans.  For some reason Babies R Us & Wegmans (& Tops) have recently stopped carrying the bulk version of Maeve's formula so I have to head to Walmart.  They also don't have the cereal she uses either which is strange, but I digress...  Walmart is a trip.  I can't get out of there without have some extremely awkward conversation with the check-out person.  This time was all about asking if my tiny baby is really old enough to be eating the jars of food I was buying because her baby looks much bigger than Maeve and he's only 2 months.  Nope, she's really 6 months, but thanks for letting me know!

On the plus side for Walmart, I did score some adorable headbands for a steal.  I never thought I'd be that mom, but they are AMAZING!    I mean the bow is the size of her head, but adorable.  I sent Ryan a picture and he thought she looked like a pineapple...ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment